Self-Introduction

zaki jaihutan zaki.j at justice.com
Tue Jan 13 20:42:15 EST 2004

Greetings to all fellow member of Kinejapan,

My name is Zaki Jaihutan, age 28,male, Indonesian
Nationality.

I'm working now as a legal consultant in one lawfirm in
Jakarta. Although my profession may not seems to be the
kind of proffession that would bring one person to a
'closer scrutiny to art', i was raised in a family with
strong sense of artistry. My late father was a
prominent writer and director in my country, and my
mother is an actress. This, I guess, explain my strong
interest in book, and of course, movie.

My love and interest with Japanese movie starts not
with Akira Kurosawa's movie like most people outside of
Japan do, but very recently from a movie with an
English title 'Angel Dust'. Sadly I forgot the name of
the director...however I was gripped by the strong
camera work and the slowly build tense made by the
movie. This was followed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Cure,
Takeshi Miike's Dead or Alive and Higuchi's Uzumaki, an
'abstract' film which really astonished me. Thus my
interest to understand Japanese movie becoming more and
more intense. Having said these, i hope the fellow
member here would appreciate my 'still early'
understanding of Japanese movie, and help me to
understand more. I hope that one of these days I can
contribute my own mature understanding of Japanese
movie.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,
Zaki Jaihutan