film about red army (another question)

Roland Domenig roland.domenig
Sat Jun 12 10:02:15 EDT 2004

oshima's condition still seems to be bad. in february 1996 he had a cerebral
hemorrhage while in london (but not for the festival). oshima never fully
recovered, but could finished his last film GOHATTO after the shooting
schedule was delayed for several months. in 2001 he underwent surgery after
a duodenal ulcer was diagnosed. a friend of mine who has met him early this
year told me that his right arm is still paralysed, that he can't walk and
and has difficulties to speak. his wife, koyama akiko, and several home
helpers are talking care of him.
as for the iron chef program, the program was terminated in 1999, so it must
have been a re-broadcasting. i remember that oshima was a jury member around
1995 before his stroke.

roland domenig
institute of east asian studies
vienna university