Chihiro compromises in court

M Arnold ma_iku
Sat Sep 11 23:15:26 EDT 2004

From: "Don Brown" <the8thsamurai at hotmail.com>
[Peter Larson:]
> >This is just bizarre. You expect this kind of thing in a sue happy
> >country like the US. Anywhere else you'd just call this pathological.
>
> The DVD was obviously way out of whack though, and in my opinion the
> plaintiffs were fully justified in their suit.

I was kind of hoping we'd get a replacement or refund out of the deal! I
never expected Miyazaki to do pinku eiga. I wonder what kind of apology
would be possible in a case like this. ("We're sorry that our customers
didn't have the proper equipment to view the DVD. . ."?)

By the way, I don't know if it's new or not but there's now a Hong Kong
(Panorama) release of Suwa's H-Story on DVD. I've only watched about 10
minutes so far but it looks really interesting. . . . . . . . . . . .

Michael Arnold