World Film advice needed!

Sarah Maline maline at maine.edu
Sun Dec 11 11:59:03 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'd like to pick your enormous brains, if you don't mind.  I'm hastily
resurrecting a world film class that hasn't been taught here in many years,
aimed at the general liberal-arts student, not film majors.  I'll show a few
immediately postwar films like Tokyo Story and Pather Panchali but focus the
course on very contemporary film and I'd love to hear your suggestions!  On
Japanese films, too--I've had the luxury of teaching contemporary Japanese
film and I'm having a terrible time narrowing my list down to two or three
films for the world course.

Many thanks for any input!

Sarah

Sarah Radley Maline