Hisako Hara obituary and filmography

Michael E Kerpan Jr kerpan
Thu Dec 8 19:44:48 EST 2005

Thanks for this additional information, Aaron.

As far as I can tell, the role Hisako Hara played in Yamanaka's film was a
small one -- probably the wife (?) of the rich man whose daughter Morita is
sponsoring for marriage to the young samurai (who I don't think we ever see).
She doesn't say anything -- mainly she sits fanning her merchant husband.

Hara doesn't make it onto JMDB's "Kuroi ame" cast list -- it's like she had
seventh billing and they only list six performers. ;~}

MEK