Tampopo

Aaron Gerow gerowaaron at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 26 10:13:58 EDT 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. The best lead I have found so far is
Tamaoki Yasushi, who used to be the president of Itami Productions and
is currently president of a supermarket chain in Matsuyama (where Itami
used to live). I do intend to send him a fax, but I was hoping someone
might have some recent experience renting the film. I also thought of
Miyamoto, but perhaps Tamaoki will be easier to approach first.

By the way, Itami's films are finally coming out on DVD this fall in
Japan (the delay rumored to have been caused by rights problems).

Aaron Gerow
Film Studies and East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University