children consuming electronic technology in Japanese films?

Tiferet tiferet
Mon Nov 21 08:10:52 EST 2005

children consuming electronic technology in Japanese films?Try with Kei Kataoka's "Insutooru" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439631/), the story of10yr old boy teaching 17yr old girl how to use her PC and then inviting her into the world of sex chats (where he is pretending to be a young woman). I'm not sure if it's "entertainment", maybe not entirely, but it's an interesting look on Japanese children vs. PCs and the Net ;)

Anna "Tiferet" Sikorska

  Would anybody have suggestions for film images of Japanese children using electronic stuff, particularly as entertainment?  Ozu's Ohayo on television & Nakata's Ringu for video come to mind.  There are scenes in Koreeda's Daremo shiranai at a game parlor and with a TV game. I would be very grateful for any advice.

  Greg Johnson
  Comparative Culture
  Otsuma Women's University
  Tokyo