Sharasojyu and Hebi Ichigo

Michael McCaskey mccaskem at georgetown.edu
Thu Dec 21 10:05:25 EST 2006

Sharasojyu is a really great film, and I hope that at some point there will be a DVD with English subtitles that I could show parts of to my students (or is there already one with subtitles that I don't know about?).

Another film that I somehow associate with this one is Nishikawa Miwa's Hebi Ichigo (2003). Maybe only because both are by women directors, both are visually striking, and I saw both around the same time. I believe my Japanese DVD of Hebi Ichigo does have English subtitles, though I haven't watched it for some while.

Michael McCaskey
Georgetown Univ.