Donald Richie and Japanese experimental films at Yale

Peter Grilli grilli
Thu Sep 28 22:59:20 EDT 2006

Donald Richie will be showing a number of his own films at Yale on the
evening of October 18.

He will also be speaking at Yale on experimental film and other
Japan-related subjects on Oct. 17, 18, and 19.
For more information, visit the website of Yale's Council on East Asian
Studies, and check the Council's calendar of events for October 17-18-19:
http://research.yale.edu/eastasianstudies/events.php?timestamp=2006-10-17

Prior to visiting Yale, Richie will be at Amherst College (Oct. 11-12-13)
and will speak at Harvard on the afternoon of Monday, October 16, at 4:00pm
at the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies.  His talk at Harvard will
be followed by screenings of Mizoguchi's "Street of Shame" (Akasen Chitai)
and Yoshimura's "A Ball at the Anjo House" (Anjo-ke no Buto-kai) at the
Harvard Film Archive on Oct. 16 at 6:30pm (Mizoguchi) and 9:00pm
(Yoshimura).

For additional information about the Richie events at Amherst & Harvard,
please visit the website of the Japan Society of Boston and click on "Oct.
12-16: Featuring Donald Richie:"
http://www.us-japan.org/boston/

Peter

PETER M. GRILLI