rajio manga

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall at uci.edu
Tue Aug 21 04:47:00 EDT 2007

Dear KineJapanners,

In some recent reading, I came across the term "rajio manga." Is
anyone familiar with what precisely this refers to?  The context of
my reading was the weekly radio serial Saiyuuki (Journey to the
West) ... better known in English as Monkey or Monkey Magic?

My question is when, how, and why this term "rajio manga" developed?

Yours,
Jonathan

-----
Jonathan M. Hall
Japanese Film, Media, and Modern Literature
Assistant Professor, Comparative Literature / Film & Media Studies

320 Humanities Instructional Building
UC Irvine, Irvine CA 92697-2651 USA
office: 1-949-824-9778
fax: 1-949-824-1992

Co-Chair, Queer Caucus, Society for Cinema and Media Studies