Matsumoto, Iroiro

Mark Nornes amnornes
Wed Feb 7 17:18:50 EST 2007

I wanted to give a heads up to people in the midwest. I am helping
the Ann Arbor Film Festival bring in two important guests for the
festival this March. On March 21----should everything go as
planned-----Matsumoto Toshio will present Funeral Parade of Roses and
program of selected shorts. Jonathan Hall will be coming from UC
Irvine to help moderate and introduce the proceedings.

One other thing. For those who can't come, I noticed that the
following site (http://www.ubu.com/film/matsumoto.html) has ripped
Matsumoto off. If you've never seen his shorts, here's a selection in
streaming video----along with Aaron's interview from Doc Box. The
quality sucks (the video, not Aaron's excellent interview), so what
you should really do is buy the fantastic box set that Uplink put out.

Markus