Haneda Sumiko: All's Well That Ends Well

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall
Thu Jun 7 05:02:20 EDT 2007

Dear KineJapanners,

Last week, I posted an announcement about a Keiko McDonald lecture at
the DIJ on representations of eldercare in Japanese film.  The
advertisement for McDonald's lecture describes Haneda Sumiko's 1984
film, The World of the Senile.  Haneda's recent documentary of
eldercare Owari yokereba subete yoshi ?All's Well That Ends Well)
has opened at Iwanami Hall in Jinbocho, Tokyo and is playing from 2
June to 27 July.  In addition to the screenings, there is also a
series of benkyo-kai with Haneda and specially invited guests.  I've
included a list of the benkyo-kai  (taken from the website) below.

See the following site for details.
http://www.iwanami-hall.com/

Yours,
Jonathan