Makino Collection Finds a New Home

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow
Fri Mar 23 20:37:22 EDT 2007

> Today I received email from a Waseda student who spent the last month
> packing boxes of books with Makino Mamoru. He tells me they pretty
> much sent away everything this week. They are enjoying the spring
> breeze running through an "empty" house for the first time in decades.
> And the family is, indeed, happy to have their home back!??

I don't think they sent off everything, at least not to Columbia. When
I went to Makino's house last month, he reiterated that one of
Columbia's stipulations is that they acquire the collection in stages,
not all at once.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363