Self-intro plus looking for Kurutta ichipeeji

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow
Wed Dec 17 09:26:56 EST 2008

Geir is right that the only place to get Kurutta these days--if you
are not renting a film print--is through bootleg copies. I do hope an
official DVD comes out next year, but my colleague in Japan recently
said that old Japanese movies are just not selling on DVD and thus
the company in question may balk at doing Page of Madness. So
everyone should remember: the best way to get more good old movies
out on DVD is to buy the ones that are out (and not use questionable
services like bittorrent and SuperHappyFun). I strongly recommend the
films Kinokuniya has put out.

By the way, my book on A Page of Madness should be coming out the
second week of January. It's copyrighted 2008, but the printing
presses mostly sleep during the Xmas break, so I have to wait a bit.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363