Self introduction

Eija Niskanen eija.niskanen at
Sun Jun 15 21:36:40 EDT 2008

They all require a so called gaijin card, meaning a local ID for
foreigners. You don't need to be a permanent resident, but to have
some kind of visa, like student, employment or other.

I guess if you come as a tourist, the only way is to ask a local
friend to rent the DVDs for you.


On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Makoto <makotoster at> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm always lurking your interesting debates but this time I would like to
> ask you a suggestion.
> I 'm going to go to Tokyo and live there for a month. I wish to rent dvd in
> Tokyo but it seems to me that the biggest chain, Tsutaya, requires the
> resident's visa to deliver the rental card. Can you suggest to me how to do
> for renting dvd in Tokyo?
> Many thanks
> Franco Picollo

More information about the KineJapan mailing list