Japanese films at Berlin and Venice during the pre-war and wartime periods

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp
Fri Jun 6 07:52:27 EDT 2008

Dear Kinejapanners,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find out what films played, and won prizes at, Venice or Berlin Film Festivals prior to Rashomon's win at Venice. I have a good idea about what was shown, films of Hiroshi Shimizu, Tomotaka Tasaka and Tomu Uchida etc, but need to know dates, and I am a million miles away from a decent library at the moment.

Thanks

Jasper

Midnight Eye
www.midnighteye.com