Question about Daiei closure

Hopkins/Kato hopkat at sa2.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Mar 13 04:35:04 EDT 2008

I'm not an expert, but I believe that in 1970, Nikkatsu and Daiei, both in
bad condition, merged their distribution and exhibition businesses to try
and streamline and return to profitability. It didn't work. I don't know
about joint productions between Nikkatsu and Daiei, but the Stray Cat Rock
series was co-produced by Horipro, a talent management agency.
David Hopkins
Tenri University