Highest Grossing Japanese Films

Rob Buscher robbuscher at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:43:00 EST 2009

Thanks Felix for the link, although I'm still looking for something a bit more specific to international revenue gained by Japanese films. I thought it might demonstrate the foreign predilection to a certain genre of Japanese film, (presumably yakuza or J-horror).
If this was the case (to the probable dismay of the bunkacho), I thought it might demonstrate that regardless of national policy regarding film, foreign audiences were still being sold on the so-called 'undesirable' representations of Japan.
Also, I was wondering if there was a list somewhere of the major distributors who own Japanese titles for the foreign market? I'm curious if the majority of foreign commercial distribution is being done by Japanese or foreign owned companies.
Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Best Regards,
Rob BuscherMA Candidate, Japanese CinemaSchool of Oriental and African StudiesLondon