Konno Yuuji / televised film criticism/ novelizations

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Fri Aug 6 08:13:48 EDT 2010

> Yodogawa Nagaharu might come to mind, but as far as I know, his
> televisual personality was more as a critic/presenter of worthy
> films being televised usually well after their theatrical release.
> Besides Osugi and Pico, what other tv film critics come to mind?

It depends how you define "TV critic," but like Yodogawa, many think
of them as the critics presenting movies when they are broadcast. The
most famous critics on TV doing that were Ogi Masahiro, Mizuno Haruo,
and Shirai Yoshio. Even our friend Yomota Inuhiko did it. Some critics
were also famous as tarento, such as Komori Kazuko.

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Associate Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html