Movie ID help

ryan.cook at yale.edu ryan.cook at yale.edu
Mon Feb 22 19:21:08 EST 2010

Here's a link to the DVD of the Miike stage show:

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Japan/product/32004/Demon_Pond_aka_Yashagaike_DVD_.htm

I'm surprised to see that it's advertised as having English subtitles!
I first
saw the Shinoda film around the time that the Miike show was being
produced and
I had read something about a DVD then, but at the time it was
Japanese-only. Also surprising is that the liner notes describe Miike's
version as "sparse,
almost minimalistic."  Sounds out of character.  Does anyone know the
background of this production?

-Ryan