Movie ID help

Susan B Klein sbklein at uci.edu
Mon Feb 22 19:11:03 EST 2010

The "scientists" in both Izumi Kyoka's play and the movie adaptation are
folklorists.

Kabuki-za did Izumi Kyoka's Yashagaike, directed by Bando Tamasaburo, in
2008 (I think -- can't quite remember). The Neo-Kabuki troupe,
Hanagumi-Shibai revived their version in January of 2009 (of the two, I
preferred Hanagumi-Shibai). I haven't gone on-line recently, but I don't
think either has been released on dvd (yet).

Since I teach Demon Pond (using an ancient copy of the movie), I'd be
very interested to hear about where one could purchase a dvd of a
performance directed by Miike Takashi!

~~Susan Klein
UC Irvine