Japan's stunning "A Normal Life, Please", to be screened at HSDFF in AR.

Kimura Jo vein at mtj.biglobe.ne.jp
Wed Sep 29 01:10:46 EDT 2010

Hello everyone, an announcement for an exciting video documentary film
screening opportunity. The director, Tokachi Tsuchiya is an active
member of Labornet Japan.

"A Normal Life, Please", U.S. PREMIERE screening !

----------
ATTENTION!$B!!(BJapan's stunning "A Normal Life, Please", to be screened at
HSDFF in AR.

It is so grateful that I am announcing that Japan's multiple
award-winning documentary film, "A Normal Life, Please", has been
selected to be screened as the only Japanese film at the 19th Hot
Springs Documentary Festival, Arkansas, in October 2010(For your
information, HSDF is one of the three major documentary film festivals
in the U.S.)

The film focuses upon a 36-year-old Japanese male truck driver's rise
from his intolerable working environment(552 working hours/month with no
overwork allowance, no paid vacation and other benefits)
in which he has been abused verbally and/or physically by his bosses,
which apparently violates Japanese Labor Standard Law that is aimed to
protect all the laborers in Japan.
His doomed days are full of patience and obedience, however, one day, it
comes to his attention that something is wrong with his job, and
finally, he stands up to struggle with all his might to "win" a decent
working environment and conditions.

"It is absolutely my pleasure that my proud piece of work is going to be
shown in the United States, which is the world's most
neo-liberalism-dominating country", states the director, Tokachi Tsuchiya.

The screening schedule is as follows:

Sunday, October 17th - 7:20PM
Wednesday, October 20th - 5:30PM
Tsuchiya is set to make his appearance on the 2nd date(Wednesday,
October 20th) and will answer your questions in person.

Please make sure to check out "A Normal Life, Please" as this is the
very first U.S. premiere screening of the film, and you will learn the
miserable reality of the Japanese poor-conditioned mistreated
blue-collar laborers in the "land of rising sun."
For more details, visit the official HSDFF website:
"The 19th Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival"
http://www.hsdfi.org/festival

and the official "A Normal Life, Please" blog(written in Japanese)
 http://nomalabor.exblog.jp/

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. We hope we are
going to spread the impact of "A Normal Life, Please" among those who
reside in the U.S. to stimulate your interest in Japan and to let you
know the widespread ongoing problems/issues among the laborers in Japan.
Bring your family, friends, and everyone you know who is interested in
the contemporary Japan. Do not miss out this rare opportunity!

+++
Kimura Jo
Labornet Japan$B!J(Bhttp://www.labornetjp.org$B!K(B Twitter ID: labornetjp
News department