Quick question on Koreeda's Without Memory

Robert Geib robert.geib at gmx.de
Mon Aug 15 06:06:18 EDT 2011

Dear KineJapanners,

I recently watched Koreeda Hirokazu's "Without Memory" (Kioku ga ushinawareta toki, 1996) on VHS with an english dubbed voice-over. As I unfortunatey don't have access to the original soundtrack and am unable to track down the origin of this version, I'm not sure whether this V.O. is the translation of a japanese narration or if it was just "made up" during the localization process.

Can anyone who knows the original confirm my suspicions? Or perhaps point me to some of the more drastic differences between the original and the version I saw?

Best regards,
Robert