Times reviews I Wish

Sten-Kristian Saluveer (Niijanaa) sten at niijanaa.net
Sat May 12 09:05:07 EDT 2012

Indeed a nice film that could potentially appeal also to the non-Japanese or Asian film fan audiences.
The children's performances are outstanding, especially the improvised parts in the middle, and Kore-eda has well managed to escape from
the sponsorship constraints of JR Kyushu.
Sad thought that the release didn't meet the expectations in Japan, even for Kore-eda, which might be partly attributed to the
post 3/11 chariness or the audiences.
Sten
Also at Tokyo

Sten-Kristian Saluveer (Niijanaa)