[KineJapan] Workshop and Lecture by Akira Mizuta Lippit @ Hitotsubashi, June 15th

Mayumo Inoue mayumoin at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:37:56 EDT 2013

Dear list members,

I would like to announce both a graduate student workshop with Akira
Mizuta Lippit and his own talk entitled "Atomic Light, Birth of
Cinema" at Hitotsubashi Univ. on June 15.  The workshop features three
graduate students who will present their papers on post-1945 cinema,
photography, and poetry respectively and Professor Lippit who will
offer comments on them.

His talk in the second part of the event deals with his book Atomic
Light (Shadow Optics) whose Japanese translation is forthcoming from
Getsuyosha in early June.  Both the graduate student workshop and the
talk are open to public and free of
charge.  No registration is required.  I hope to see some of you there.

A Graduate Student Workshop and Lecture by Akira Mizuta Lippit
June 15th, 13:00~18:00

Hitotsubashi University, East Campus, Graduate School of Language and
Society 4F (dai-kyoshitu, 大教室)
No. 38 on the map
(http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/eng/about/direction/guide/campus/e-campus/index.html)

Links to the Japanese-language information and flyer can be found here:
http://gensha.hit-u.ac.jp/news/event.html#workshop

http://gensha.hit-u.ac.jp/news/20130615.pdf

best regards,

Mayumo Inoue