[KineJapan] Tsunami and heartwake 2011 Av coverage

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 05:34:56 EDT 2014

Forgive me butting in here, but I'm curious about a couple of things.

a) Has much been written about the presentation and portrayal of disaster in Japanese cinema in general, prior to 3/11?

b) Have specific disasters- like the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 or the 1995 Kobe Earthquake- been heavily represented in contemporary film, also prior to 3/11?

Can anyone help? Just a couple of brief answers would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Jim Harper.