[KineJapan] Upcoming cinema lecture at Kyoto University

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Sun Mar 11 12:11:13 EDT 2018

 Dear KineJapan members,

I'd like to share an upcoming cinema lecture at Kyoto University - the
topic is not strictly Japanese Film, but perhaps local members may find it
of interest.
Please find the info below and poster attached: I'd be very grateful if you
could circulate it though the KineJapan network.

With many thanks,

Jennifer

Dr. Jennifer Coates
Assistant Professor
Hakubi Center for Advanced Research
Kyoto University
http://www.hakubi.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/02_mem/05coates.shtml
http://www.hkupress.org/Common/Reader/Products/ShowProduct.jsp?Pid=1&Version=0&Cid=16&Charset=iso-8859-1&page=-1&key=9789888208999

Contemporary Complex Cinema: The Case of Impossible Puzzles
Speaker: Dr Miklós Kiss, University of Groningen
Date: Friday March 23, 2018 16:00-18:00
Place: Hakubi Center for Advanced Research, Research Administration
Building (no. 61), Seminar room 3, Floor B1, Kyoto University Main Campus
Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501

Since the late 1990s there has been a palpable increase in complex
storytelling in movies. But how and why do complex movies create perplexity
and confusion? How do we engage with these challenges?
Dr. Miklós Kiss is Assistant Professor in Film and Media Studies at the
University of Groningen, the Netherlands. His research focuses on
contemporary audiovisual media, intersecting the fields of narrative and
cognitive film theories.