[KineJapan] Arrests of fan subbers!

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Mon Jul 22 06:04:36 EDT 2019

I hadn’t heard this before Ma Ran of Nagoya University told me about it.
Incredibly, there have been some arrests of fan subbers here in Japan. Has
this ever happened in the states? Is this because they are Chinese???

https://www.sankei.com/west/news/180131/wst1801310100-n1.html

The Culture Ministry’s statistics are incredible, and I wonder how they
actually tabulated them.

中国のインターネットサイトでは、日本のアニメや漫画、ゲームなどの不正公開が相次いでいる。平成25年の文化庁の調査では、年間530億件が不正に公開され、被害額は約3兆8千億円に上る実態が明らかになった。

Markus
--
---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*