[KineJapan] New Content on the ejcjs

Tim Iles timiles2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 14:52:44 EDT 2021

Friends, We're very pleased to announce new content is available on the electronic journal of contemporary japanese studies, at:

http://www.japanesestudies.org.uk/ejcjs/vol21/iss2/index.html

The table of contents is:

Peer-reviewed articles

Firouz Gaini ‘Island people are always waiting’ Young people’s everyday lives and future narratives in Okinawa

Lachlan Jackson and Belinda Kennett, Slang and Taboo Language: An Analysis of Swearing Guides for L2 Japanese Learners

Discussion Papers
Noboru Sakai, CMC and sound information: A case study of Vowels and language plays in Japanese mobile phone e-mails

Book Reviews

Patrick Foss, The Inland Sea at 50

Anthony Rausch, Understanding the Tsugaru Itako:『津軽のイタコ』

Translations

Jon Holt and Teppei Fukuda, The Functions of Panels (koma) in Manga: An essay by Natsume Fusanosuke

Many thanks to our contributors, our readers, and our volunteer production team.

Best wishes,

Timothy Iles
General Editor, the ejcjs