[KineJapan] Book Launch Event:

shota ogawa sogawa at nagoya-u.jp
Sat Feb 13 23:51:40 EST 2021

 Hi everyone

Thank you Markus for introducing our book and the UR book launch event!
(and thanks also to all the RHJC authors in KineJapan)

I think the link you included was to a general events page, so let me
replace it with the URL specific to this event:
https://events.rochester.edu/event/book_launch_routledge_handbook_of_japanese_cinema#.YCikQHmRW02

Also, yes, the pricing is a big concern... There is a more affordable e-book
<https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/routledge-handbook-of-japanese-cinema>
option
<https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/routledge-handbook-of-japanese-cinema>,
though this doesn't change the general pricing issue in certain book
series.

Best wishes

Shota

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 1:42 PM Desser, David M via KineJapan <
kinejapan at mailman.yale.edu> wrote:

> I have one that will be out in a year or so, too!  From Blackwell.  (Yes,
> it's years overdue...)
>
> I also had no idea that a number of my works had been included in the
> large Routledge *Japanese Cinema*.  That can't be normal to reprint
> without permission?  Many of you reading this are represented in that
> volume.  Did you know that to be the case and were you ever consulted or
> asked for permission?  It's usual to ask permission even if one is not the
> copyright holder, which I am, I think, sometimes.  It's not that I wouldn't
> have agreed, but I swear I never knew that I was in that volume.
>
> Thanks, Mark.
>
> David
> ------------------------------

__________________
Shota Ogawa 小川翔太
Graduate School of Letters
Nagoya University
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku
Nagoya 464-8601
T. 052-789-2252

Pronouns: he/him/his
Out now: Routledge Handbook of Japanese Cinema, edited by
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>
Joanne Bernardi and Shota T. Ogawa
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>