[KineJapan] YIDFF: Any Grad Students in Japan Looking for a "LITTLE" work?

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Wed Sep 20 04:28:12 EDT 2023

Starting with me in 1990, it's a long tradition of Yamagata International
Documentary Film Festival to draw on the expertise and energy of resident
grad students. Another part of the tradition is "little" pay!

It's crunch time at the festival, and they're in need of help. Interested?

This is for the huge Noda Shinkichi program. They are doing Russian style
VO translation, pre-recorded. It means translating a script and then
pre-recording the narration, which is played wirelessly during the
screening.

They are looking for both translators and narrators (recordings done at the
Akebonobashi office).

You'd get the scripts and the videos, and then you do a straight
translation (since it's not subtitling, timing is not an issue).

Ideally, you could also drop in the office and record the VO. Or even
vice-versa, record but not translate.

Here's the rub: they've got 6 films (20 to 60 minutes long) to complete in
the next three days.

If you're interested, please contact Nomura-san at YIDFF (preferably in
Japanese): nomura at id-corp.co.jp

Or if you have further questions, drop me a line.

Cheers,

Markus

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*

Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/>*
*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street**Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*