[KineJapan] Fw: Teshigahara retrospective at San Sebastian

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 05:26:54 EDT 2023

Thanks for that spot-onresearch, Alex, but does it solve a mystery ? Although I initially took thestatements at face-value, I had of course, come to realize the possibility of mindless(but misinforming) translation.

But isn’t that the way you would expect the wordingto fall, in mindful translations, in the Basque-language and English-languageversions if, as previously for the books on Naruse, Japón en negro, Oshima,etc., there were to be english, and spanish translations, but not basque ?

Yes, it’s sad that we are reduced tokremlinologizing multiple translations and, alas, I have to believe thephysicality of the bookshop staff’s statements. I’m going for 3 days tomorrowand it looks as if I’ll have space, after all, on my £21 Ryanair flight for myswimming trunks. It’s not a local site that tells me the water temperature is21.8, so I’m reasonably confident it’s not a mindless ‘translation’ into Fahrenheit;>)

Roger