[KineJapan] [EXTERNAL] 2024 Oscars

Claire-Akiko Brisset Claire-Akiko.Brisset at unige.ch
Wed Jan 24 05:12:08 EST 2024

Dear Markus (if I may),

This is not the first time this kind of thing happens: for instance, Dersu Uzala by Kurosawa was submitted by the USSR to the Oscar competition and won the Best Foreign Film Award in 1976 if I remember correctly.

Best wishes,

Claire-Akiko Brisset
PO histoire culturelle du Japon
Directrice du département ESTAS