[KineJapan] Stills from Tōhō

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 04:34:08 EDT 2024

Yes, Aaron is correct - Kawakita can supply you with the stills, and will do so very quickly and efficiently, but not the permission to use them.
However, if you are dealing with the Kurosawa Estate directly, you should be covered in this regard, and possibly contacting Toho about it could be muddying the waters, because I suspect it won't be top of their agenda and if they do reply, they'll come up with some outrageous fee to discourage you.

The Creeping Garden<http://www.creepinggarden.com/> - A Real-Life Science-Fiction Story about Slime Moulds and the People Who Work With them, directed by Tim Grabham and Jasper Sharp.
Available now on Dual-Format Blu-ray/DVD from Arrow Films<https://arrowfilms.com/product-detail/the-creeping-garden-dual-format/FCD1435>.
The book, The Creeping Garden: Irrational Encounters with Plasmodial Slime Moulds is out now from Alchimia Publishing<http://www.alchimiapublishing.com/creeping-garden/>.
"A surprising investigation of perception, thought and life itself", Nicolas Rapold, The New York Times<http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/movies/review-the-creeping-garden-on-the-wonders-of-the-slime-mold.html>.
"An out-of-left-field nerdy delight", John DeFore, Hollywood Reporter<https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/creeping-garden-fantasia-review-724416>.
"Strange, eccentric, diverting", Peter Bradshaw, The Guardian<https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/09/creeping-garden-review-slime-mould-film>.