Info on lepidopterist

chris sullivan beetle at lineone.net
Thu Oct 23 12:30:38 EDT 1997

I am trying to get some info for a friend on a 19th Century Lepidopterist
by the name of R.F.Logan. In particular he is trying to find out why at the
end of the 1850's he appeared to disappear from sight. He was a big name in
the field of lepidoptera but from the late 1850's 'til his death in the
1880's I believe he was only heard from in two small articles in an
entomological journal and one of those was about coleoptera. It seems even
stranger as he was apparently about to publish the definitive book on
Scottish Lepidoptera. I hope some one can help. Thank you in advance. Chris
beetle at lineone.net