New Monarch Butterfly Documentary/Book

evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com
Sat Sep 13 09:59:25 EDT 1997

> Also, later in September a new monarch butterfly book will be released by
> Greystone Books - a division of Douglas and McIntyre of Vancouver, B.C..
> It is entitled "The Nature of Monarch Butterflies" and is one is a series
> of books in the "The Nature of" series. It will sell for $32.50 and has
> 53 full-color pictures. There is also a French Language edition. ISBN
> 1-55054-570-1. I've seen a copy. It is a very attractive book.

There also is a book on the Monarch buterfly available from

Continuum Publishers
87 Still Road
Harpursville, NY 13787

Paperback, $16.95, the first section written for the novice, the second
for those who wish to get into it deeper.

THE MONARCH BUTTERFLY, A FRAGILE TISSUE IN THE WIND, by David W. Bouton.
     "A series of consecutive essays on the world's most famous butterfly
with an exploration of humanity's role in the butterfly's past, present,
and future. This work picks up on the childlike curiosity in us and
follows a thread from the Monarch butterfly's developmental past into the
future and all species of living things."