Early UK sightings

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 13:59:00 EST 1998

Friday 13th February was a lucky day for British butterfliers.
The unseasonal weather brought many species out early and there were
sightings of 7 species reported around the country.

I myself saw my first this season from a train window somwhere between Swindon
and Reading. This was a male Brimstone (Gonepteryx rhamni) the bright
yellow species believed to be the original Butter-fly.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog