Clouded Yellow etc in Herts UK

J.B.Murray (John Murray) J.B.Murray at open.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 06:41:48 EDT 1998

Following the welsh sightings, I got a report from Nigel Agar yesterday (June
21st) of a Clouded Yellow on Norton Common, Hertfordshire.  I also saw 2 very
fresh-looking Red Admirals at Marshalls Heath.  Perhaps this is going to be a
bit more of a migrant year than 1997.

I also got a ?noctuid moth that I can't find in Skinner.  The outer edge of the
forewing had a vaguely similar pattern to a Clouded Brindle, but the rest of the
wing was paler and fairly featureless apart from a prominent dark marking in the
centre of the wing shaped like a screwed up ball of paper.

John Murray
"Field End"         Email: j.b.murray at open.ac.uk
Marshalls Heath
Wheathampstead,     Home 'phone (0)1582 833544
Herts AL4 8HS       Work 'phone (0)1908 652118
U.K.