KillingButterflies

Mike Soukup mikayak at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 6 19:13:21 EDT 1998

I KNOW we've all had enuf of this thread.  But, another post just
reminded me.  For anyone who feels morally superior because they take
photos and don't collect, I need to point out that the process of
manufacturing film is, as I understand it, one of the most highly
polluting processes there is.  Although you may save the actual
butterfly you are photographing, you are killing many, many more by
supporting the film manufacturing industry.  Not that I think people
shouldn't buy film.  I just find that most people who think they are
"doing something nice" to make themselves feel good, are really just
wreaking havoc somewhere out of thier scope and they travel on
blissfully thinking they are "ecologically minded"!