I'm in trouble

Chris Raper triocomp at dial.pipex.com
Thu Sep 17 05:02:02 EDT 1998

On 17 Sep 1998 01:30:05 GMT, semjase at aol.com (Semjase) wrote:

>Perhaps though if we do all pull out and this group collapses it would be for
>the best since amateur entomologists & lepidopterists are not welcome here.
>That is plain enough to see.

Rubbish ! I'm a computer programmer by trade and an entomologist in my
spare time. In fact, from what I have read here over the years, I
would say that roughly 80% of contributers here are amatuers.

Now, I think a few people out there (including yourself) are taking
this far too seriously. AFAIK, no-one (professional or amatuer) has
said that people who post adverts should be automatically kicked or
kill-filtered. Adverts just aren't that important. What I think
everyone _would_ like is for posters to contribute a little to the
group by sharing their knowledge or asking a question that starts a
bit of discussion.

Best wishes,
Chris R.