Leps-L changes [was: Re: I'm in trouble]

Robert Cunningham robut at surat.loxinfo.co.th
Thu Sep 17 22:19:40 EDT 1998

Dear Roger et al.,

On 17 Sep 98 at 13:54, you wrote:

>  Here's one possibility not mentioned yet.
>
> SBEL is supposed to be a dedicated science newsgroup. Most scientists have access
> to newsgroup (i.e. news:xxxxx) boards (please correct me if this assumption is
> wrong). Most other leps people want one board (LEPS-L) for everything. If the

This is wrong. I think you will find that even today most scientists,
like most people, do NOT have access to newsgroups (even the
internet). For those that do have access to the internet, email
(mailing lists) are the most likely and efficient options.

I'd just like to add that I do NOT support the 'trading' of anything
other than info via LEPS-L, if there is another list use it, if not
then include in your .sig a small mention of URL that leads to your
'full scale advertising extravaganza'.

Cheers,

Robert Cunningham

c/o Office of Agricultural Research and Development, region 7
PO Box 125
Muang Surat Thani 84000
THAILAND
fax/phone +66-77-286 933