Tenebrio molitor amylase

Joseph G. Kunkel joe at bio.umass.edu
Mon Sep 21 06:34:48 EDT 1998

Denis,
Most of what I have learned about insect amylase I learned from Winefred
W. Doane.  One of her latest papers on amylase is listed below.

Prog Clin Biol Res 1990;344:19-48
Molecular genetics of a three-gene cluster in the Amy region of
Drosophila.
Doane WW, Thompson DB, Norman RA, Hawley SA
Department of Zoology, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287-1501.

You can learn more about the Amy gene's expression from her earlier
papers which you can reach by following her papers back in time through
her own bibliographies at the end of her later papers.

Joe

--
Joseph G. Kunkel, Professor
Biology Department             joe at bio.umass.edu