D. fagella

Ian Thirlwell Ian at dunlinclose.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 14:35:56 EDT 1999

Alan & Jeri,

 if by the reddish (rufous) form you mean ab. gothicina then I haven't
recorded it here. Goater's 1974 book describes the form as very scarce. His
1992 update adds no further information.

> Of general interest;  last night we had our first Eriocrania
>semipurpurella of the year.

I've not had any Eriocrania sp. in my trap (wouldn't really expect them I
suppose). No views on early field trips either with my local micro guru, but
then they are devilishly hard to see flying around in daylight, but several
other records were made of other groups including a male and female D.
fagella on tree trunks a few feet apart.

Ian