non-target trap kills

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 14 09:53:58 EDT 1999

>Good grief - is this the dark ages? I cannot believe that there are still
>entomologists out there who feel they have to kill every insect to study it.
>
>Barrie

If you are so concerned about indiscriminate killing I suggest you stop
travelling in vehicles (kill plenty on the move), and stop eating (even
if you are vegetarian the harvesting of crops requires the sacrifice of
more insects than you may count in a lifetime). In fact, the obly way to
avoid indiscriminate killing of insects is to stop living yourself.
The question of so-called
indiscriminate killing appears to be a matter of individual judgement, but
throwing stones at everyone else on that account?

John Grehan