Attracting California Sisters?

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 16:55:29 EDT 1999

In article <3.0.5.32.19990601003210.007e2ac0 at mail.utexas.edu>
           drdn at mail.utexas.edu "Chris J. Durden" writes:

> ---
>   Ok, nothing unusual here, nothing I am not exposed to from flies from my
> neighbors' dog run.
>   Salmonella most of us catch at least once before we die. A little care in
> kitchen routine and food choice helps here. (Wash that chicken before you
> kook it.)
>   Shigella has occurred in my locality in the last few years at least once
> among diners at a certain upscale restaurant (according to the county
> health officer to whom my case was reported), although my case showed up
> after dining on airline food.
>   Staph. aureus is the beast of boils, is it not?

Indeed it is. It is common skin bacterium.

>   C. botulinum sems to be the most dangerous but is out there all the time.

Of course and it needs anaerobic conditions in order to multiply.

>   Seems to me that if you live anywhere where there are live butterflies
> you may encounter these other normal inhabitants of our environment. Hardly
> worth crying "WOLF" over a little butterfly bait?
> .......Chris Durden
> afterthought -
>   The biggest risk seems to me to be the rapid implementation (prior to
> long term testing) of new technologies based on molecular manipulation that
> may eventually turn out to compromise our immune systems. After these we
> may be done for!

Well. It may well be the ecological effects that are more significant.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog