Books on UK Microlepidoptera

Charles Fletcher Charlie at forgehc.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 16:50:05 EDT 1999

I have discovered the joys of Moth trapping this year and have become
hooked.  Armed with "Skinner" and a knowledgeable friend to call on, I
have managed to identify nearly all of the Macrolepidoptera I have
caught, but I would love to know more about identification of the
Micros.  I have seen various books advertised, but before I fork out any
money, I wondered what books are recommended  by other UK moth addicts.

I have seen advertised:
British Pyralid Moths by B Goater
Guide to the Smaller Lepidoptera by A Emmett
The Moths and Butterflies of GB and Ireland - the first four volumes
seem to deal with Micros.

What books do you all recommend, and are there other books that I should
be getting hold of?  Any help here for a newbie would be most
appreciated.
--
Charles Fletcher