Labels.....Thanks

Alan and Jeri Coates alan5319 at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 16:02:21 EDT 1999

We would like to thank you all for your contributions. They have provided a
great source of interesting inter-marital debate

The conclusions we have come to are:-

     All specimens should have at least two labels,

           The uppermost label must display the fundamental information;
               Date ( Roman numerals should always be used for the month)
               Place of capture (Difficult on a world wide basis -  but must be
as accurate                     and as explicit as is possible, subject to
available information).
               Name of recorder

            The second, and subsequent, labels should display determination
details,             these should be stacked rarther than replaced.

We hope these conclusions may provoke further debate but with winter drawing on
we may need some heavy persuasion to move from our position.

Regards and yours in debate

Alan & Jeri Coates