Neil Jones

Jacob Groth jgroth at ns.net
Tue Sep 28 18:37:20 EDT 1999

Neil,

The reason why I refrained from posting Rogers recent e-mails to me was to
not continue to spread that type of language over the list.  If you don't
believe me, please e-mail me privately and I will send you the messages I
got from Roger in complete and then you can decide for yourself what my
motives are.

As far as your accusations of me being an "anti-conservationist," I find
this rather strange.  I am sorry if I have offended you our any one on this
list, but I don't know what I have ever done to you (I don't even know you,
nor you me) to receive that unsolicited title.

I believe whole heardetly in science and making solid conclusions based on
fact and I love butterflies.  I am usually not quick to react to alarmist
statements and therefore may come across as being one who does not espouse
some of the common threads of conservation.  But nevertheless, I don't
believe I have earned your quick accusations as to my character.

I do not apologize for my own opinions.  I try to support them with facts.
But, I don't go around making accusations and false labels on those who
disagree with me.  I would appreciate being treated only in the same manner
in which I treat others.

Yes, I am new to this list, but I am rather surprised at the hatred being
shown to those who have differing views.  Have I made any personal attacks
or accusations to you or any other person on this list?  If this is a
private club, then please excuse me and I will exit the list.  But, if this
list is composed of people who want to learn about lepidoptera and keep
open minds to the truth, then please count me in.

Sincerely,
Jacob