I'm selling Lepidoptera books from my library...

Foto28 foto28 at aol.comnospam
Tue Jan 11 22:37:24 EST 2000

Hello,

Please review this list of lepidoptera books that I'm selling. This is the
remainder of my personal library, and you'll find some very nice titles here.
Please note that while all books are generally in excellent condition unless
noted, minor dust jacket wear is sometimes present due to all books having been
in actual use. If books come in hardbound/softbound versions, they are
hardbound unless noted. If you want more information on any title, please
e-mail questions to me directly; I don't check this newsgroup very often.

I've written this text in MS Word, and the formatting will probably appear
incorrectly when posted here. I'd suggest enlarging this screen to full screen
size to view columns more easily...

Ackery	Genera & Species of Parnassinae (BMNH)	20.00
Ackery & Smiles	Types of Heliconius in BMNH (BMNH pub)	20.00
Barcant	Butterflies of Trinidad & Tobago - long out of print!
	(some wear on dust cover)	40.00
Beutelspacher	Mariposas de Mexico (covers all Mexican Papilionidae) very
	large format with great illustrations by Wm Howe	38.00
Bridges	Papilionidae & Pieridae (terrific reference indicating
	type specimen info, much much more)	70.00
	Bibliography (huge volume similar to above; includes
	a vast amount of info on publications since 1700s)	70.00
Brown & Heineman	Butterflies of Jamaica - large & informative text with
	gorgeous color plates of all species	45.00
Capedeville	Les Races Geographiques de P. apollo (6 vol.)	90.00
Collins & Morris	Threatened Swallowtail B-flies of the World	30.00
Comstock	Lep of American Samoa	5.00
Corbet & Pendlebury	Butterflies of Malay Peninsula (third ed.)	25.00
D'Abrera	Sphingidae Mundi	150.00
	Moths of Australia	15.00
De la Maza	Mexican Lepidoptera (Eurytelinae)	18.00
Ferguson	Moths of America N of Mexico: Saturniidae (2 vol)	55.00
Gakken	Beetles of the World (Japanese, all-color plates)	20.00
Henning	Charaxinae Butterflies of Africa (lavish monograph with all
	species and many ssp in color)	110.00
Howarth	List of type sp of Ornithoptera in BMNH	8.00
Larsen	Butterflies of Kenya	140.00
	Butterflies of Oman	12.00
Lemaire	Les Attacinae Americains - Vol I	48.00
	Same, Vol II	65.00
Longman	Butterflies of Zimbabwe (nice small color guide)	15.00
	Some Well-known African Moths (nice color guide)	15.00
Ohya et al	Parnassius monographs (Japan) #1-5 with very full coverage
	of species, all profusely illustrated: charltonius, nomion,
	eversmanni, apollonius, honrathi, imperator)	75.00
Otsuka	Butterflies of Borneo Vol I (superb plates, huge range of
	species with usual thorough Japanese coverage)
	VERY SCARCE and out of print!	150.00
Owen	Tropical Butterflies (excellent and informative scientific text,
	not a picture book)	55.00
Pennington et al	Pennington's Butterflies of Southern Africa, 1st ed.
(best book
	ever published on African species! Has 200 color
	plates illustrating everything imaginable - now rare
	and out of print!)	95.00
Pinratana	Butterflies of Thailand Vol I (Papilionidae)	30.00
	Moths of Thailand	24.00
Pyle	Handbook for Butterfly Watchers	8.50
Riley	Butterflies of the West Indies (long out of print guide!)	40.00
Rothschild, M	Dear Lord Rothschild - wonderful bio by his niece	28.00
Rothschild & Jordan	Revision of the American Papilios - reprint volume -
orig.
	pub. in Rothschild's "Novitates Zoologicae", 1906. This is the
	basis for modern classification of New World Papilionidae, and
	still extremely useful today for its very detailed descriptions of
	distinctions from one ssp to another. You can identify nearly any
	Parides or Eurytides with this book…try that with D'Abrera!	40.00
Scott	Butterflies of North America	55.00
Shull	Butterflies of Indiana	22.00
Talbot	Monograph of the Pierine genus DELIAS - in 2 books, 6 vol's
	complete. Vol 1-5 are reprints of originals, including photo plates
	added separately; Vol 6 (equal in size to 1-5 inclusive) is an
	original edition. Invaluable for study of Delias	200.00
van Someren	Charaxes Vol I - X (important revisional work with
	many photos - BMNH publication)	140.00
Vane-Wright	Coloration of...Nessaea (BMNH revision/pub)	8.00
Weiss	Parnassius of the World Vol I	75.00
Woodhouse	Butterfly Fauna of Ceylon (rare! has some tape repair
	to wrappers, otherwise good condition; lovely color plates)	100.00
Wynter-Blyth	Butterflies of the Indian Region (rare 1st edition!
	only this version has good quality color plates)	150.00

Various authors	Lepidoptera Vol I (collection of French descriptions &
	original description sources, synonymous names,
	other publications, 1925-26)	12.00

	South African Red Data Book - Butterflies	10.00

Seitz	Macrolepidoptera of the World - excellent quality reprints of
	original text. These are English editions, which are nearly
	impossible to find as originals, and extremely expensive.
	The set is unsurpassed and still a must even today! I have a
	large part of the series available:
	Vol 1 (European butterflies) plates & text
	Vol 2 (European large moths) text
	Vol 5 (Neotropical butterflies) plates & text
	Vol 6 (Neotropical large moths) plates & text
	Vol 9 (Indo-Aust butterflies) plates & text
	Vol 10 (Indo-Aust large moths) text
	Vol 13 (African butterflies) plates & text
	Vol 14 (African large moths) plates & text
	Vol 15-16 (African noctuids & geometrids) plates
	Also includes Prepona plates for LeMoult's Novitates
	Entomologicae. Full set for...	2650.00

	If the complete set is not sold in a reasonable time, I will
	consider offers for individual parts.

	I also have one original, not reprinted, Vol 1 supplement
	in French, unbound, with superb original plates. These are
	magnificently printed in 10 colors including metallic silver and
	gold.	325.00

Please e-mail me regarding titles that you'd like to buy. I will return
information to you re: payment, address, and so forth. Thanks for your
interest!

Danny Burk
2316 Mishawaka Ave.
South Bend, IN  46615