Unsilvered Frit

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Thu Jun 1 07:33:47 EDT 2000

Hmmmm.  I'll try to beat someone else to the punch...

I don't know where I got the idea that S. adiaste clemencei was mostly a
silvered Frit, but I can't seem to substantiate that claim anywhere I look.
Based solely on the presence of silver scaling, I'd have to point to S.
coronis coronis - but I must say that the uppersides sure look like S.
adiaste (lacking the golden scaling in the dorsal hindwing cells typically
found on S. coronis, thinner and tighter black lines on the dorsal forewing,
etc.).

Anyway, I'm equally excited about either - but wanted to clarify (and
correct) my eariler statements.

Mark Walker
(working entirely too early in the morning - but yes, I do have a job)